Nuaire Drimaster 2000 With Temperature Remote Sensor
The Nuaire Drimaster range provides whole home ventilation using the Positive Input Ventilation principle. Essentially the concept is to introduce fresh, filtered air into the dwelling at a continuous rate, encouraging movement of air from inside to outside. To achieve this, the unit is mounted in the loft space, drawing air through the filters and inputting it, at ceiling level, into the property.
Remote Temperature Sensor
The Remote Temperature Sensor incorporates a clip-in fixing bracket which can be removed for easy fitting to a suitable surface.
Select a suitable location for the sensor e.g. close to ceiling height in a bedroom or hallway BUT NOT WITHIN 3 METRES of the diffuser. For use in stairwells of three storey properties, the optional powder-coated aluminium diffuser with ‘Fireblock’ provides 1 hour of fire resistance in accordance
with BS476 Part 20 and ISO834
Intelligent Heat Recovery
The Drimaster is a low-energy whole home ventilation with intelligent heat recovery to optimise energy-efficiency. Easy to install and very cheap to run, this system will provide reliable year-round ventilation. Fitted in the loft, out of site and with no holes to knock through walls, the non-disruptive installation makes it an ideal solution for retro-fit projects.
The Drimaster 2000 units are fitted with an internal temperature sensor and an additional sensor which is fitted in the living space of the property to give us a degree of heat recovery. The sensors continuously monitors the temperature in the loft and the property boosting the unit when the loft temperature is a minimum of 1 degree celsious, this is known as intelligent heat recovery mode.
In summer, when the loft temperature rises above a certain level, the unit will switch itself off automatically. The unit will restart when the temperature drops. Once the unit is installed, the speed setting can be adjusted to suit the house size and, if required, the way it responds to the temperature changes within.
Features & Benefits:
- Cures condensation dampness - PIV removes humidity from the air, preventing mould growth and controlling dust-mite allergens.
- Improves indoor air quality - indoor pollutants from cooking and cleaning are removed while outdoor pollutants including traffic fumes, pollen and Radon gas are kept out.
- Meets Regulations - meets Part F & L of Building Regulations as a low-energy ventilation strategy.
- Intelligent 4-way heat recovery - twin sensors optimise energy-efficiency
- Optional manual boost switch - when additional ventilation is required
- Extremely low power consumption
- Easy installation and very low maintenance - filter clean or replacement every five years
- Fixed heat recovery - minimises loss of heat in the loft by recirculating the air, saving energy.
- System standby in summer months - when the loft temperature exceeds 23°C.
- Health benefits - clinically proven to help allergy and asthma sufferers.
- 5 year Nuaire warranty - for peace of mind.
Fitting the Diffuser
- Cut a circular hole 225mm diameter in the ceiling between two convenient joists.
- Position the diffuser frame and secure it to the underside of the ceiling with the 1 1 /2“ x 8 csk. hd. screws and plugs provided.
- Attach the diffuser plate to the frame using the four built in press on clips provided.
- Foam strips should also be used as required when this method of installing the diffuser is used.
Frequently asked Questions:
Q. What is a Nuaire Drimaster?
A. It is a small, loft mounted, air cleaning/moving device that continuously inputs filtered fresh air into the dwelling from outside. The only ‘visible’ component when installed is the central input diffuser which is usually located in the central hallway/stairwell ceiling.
Q. What does the unit do?
A. The unit will cure and/or prevent the problems associated with condensation in your home, providing a cleaner, healthier living environment for all occupants. The unit will prevent mould growth on walls, ceilings, furniture, clothes and curtains. The unit also radicates the musty smells evident in homes with severe condensation problems.
Q. How does it work?
A. Simply and very efficiently. Outside air is drawn into the loft where it is slightly warmed by the free heat in the loft caused by solar radiation and the heat lost from the property into the loft. This air is drawn into the unit, filtered and then ducted into a
central area (typically the hallway / stairwell) of the dwelling.As the air is supplied into the dwelling it mixes with the warmer air that naturally accumulates at ceiling level taking advantage of the heat from this warm air you have paid for but are not
making use of. This tempered, fresh, clean air then continuously and gently dilutes, displaces and replaces the air within your home. The result is a home free from serious condensation and a more pleasant and comfortable environment.
Q. How do I operate the unit?
A. You don’t. The unit is completely automatic, switching from ‘normal’ to ‘boost’ and ‘off’ as required to make optimum use of energy
Q. What maintenance is required for the unit?
A. Very little. The only maintenance required is the replacement of the filters every 5 years. (The filter can also be vacuum cleaned periodically if necessary).
Q. How will I remember to clean the filters?
A. When the filters become dirty, the unit does not input as much air into the dwelling, Condensation and musty smells may become evident. This will be a signal for you to check and clean or replace the filters as necessary. - Click here to purchase replacement filters