Nuaire Drimaster PIV Unit
Limited supply only - Being Nuaire's top Tier 1 Distributor, we have bought all of Nuaire's stock - so grab a bargain whilst we still have some - they won't last long!
Cure condensation dampness and remove allergens and pollutants from the home with the low- energy ventilation system, from the inventors of PIV. The Drimaster offers cost-effective, whole home ventilation for two and three story homes with lofts.
The Drimaster offers cost-effective ventilation for the whole property using the tried and tested Positive Input Ventilation (PIV) principle, where fresh, filtered air is introduced into the home at a continuous rate, encouraging movement of air from inside to outside. This process removes condensation, allergens such as dust mites, and the pollutants caused by cooking and cleaning from the air. The results are a fresh and healthy indoor environment in which condensation and mould cannot exist, and where indoor pollutants including harmful Radon gas are kept to a minimum - all great news for allergy sufferers.
The Drimaster is a low-energy whole home ventilation is easy to install and cheap to run. Fitted in the loft, out of site and with no holes to knock through walls, the non-disruptive installation makes it an ideal solution for retro-fit projects.
Features & Benefits:
- Cures condensation dampness - PIV removes humidity from the air, preventing mould growth and controlling dust-mite allergens.
- Improves indoor air quality - indoor pollutants from cooking and cleaning are removed while outdoor pollutants including traffic fumes, pollen and Radon gas are kept out.
- Meets Regulations - meets Part F & L of Building Regulations as a low-energy ventilation strategy.
- Extremely low power consumption - costs around 1p per day.
- Easy installation and very low maintenance - filter clean or replacement every five years
- Fixed heat recovery - minimises loss of heat in the loft by recirculating the air, saving energy.
- System standby in summer months - when the loft temperature exceeds 23°C.
- Health benefits - clinically proven to help allergy and asthma sufferers.
- 5 year warranty - for peace of mind.
Fitting the Diffuser
- Cut a circular hole 225mm diameter in the ceiling between two convenient joists.
- Position the diffuser frame and secure it to the underside of the ceiling with the 1 1 /2“ x 8 csk. hd. screws and plugs provided.
- Attach the diffuser plate to the frame using the four built in press on clips provided.
- Foam strips should also be used as required when this method of installing the diffuser is used.
Frequently asked Questions:
Q. What is a Nuaire Drimaster?
A. It is a small, loft mounted, air cleaning/moving device that continuously inputs filtered fresh air into the dwelling from outside. The only ‘visible’ component when installed is the central input diffuser which is usually located in the central hallway/stairwell ceiling.
Q. What does the unit do?
A. The unit will cure and/or prevent the problems associated with condensation in your home, providing a cleaner, healthier living environment for all occupants. The unit will prevent mould growth on walls, ceilings, furniture, clothes and curtains. The unit also radicates the musty smells evident in homes with severe condensation problems.
Q. How does it work?
A. Simply and very efficiently. Outside air is drawn into the loft where it is slightly warmed by the free heat in the loft caused by solar radiation and the heat lost from the property into the loft. This air is drawn into the unit, filtered and then ducted into a central area (typically the hallway / stairwell) of the dwelling. As the air is supplied into the dwelling it mixes with the warmer air that naturally accumulates at ceiling level taking advantage of the heat from this warm air you have paid for but are not making use of. This tempered, fresh, clean air then continuously and gently dilutes, displaces and replaces the air within your home. The result is a home free from serious condensation and a more pleasant and comfortable environment.
Q. How do I operate the unit?
A. You don’t. The unit is completely automatic, switching from ‘normal’ to ‘boost’ and ‘off’ as required to make optimum use of energy
Q. What maintenance is required for the unit?
A. Very little. The only maintenance required is the replacement of the filters every 5 years. (The filter can also be vacuum cleaned periodically if necessary).
Q. How will I remember to clean the filters?
A. When the filters become dirty, the unit does not input as much air into the dwelling, Condensation and musty smells may become evident. This will be a signal for you to check and clean or replace the filters as necessary. - Click here to purchase replacement filters